Oakville, ON, July 25, 2012 – Arguably the most important school supply for students of all ages, backpacks must store and transport important and often valuable possessions. From mobile phones and other electronics to school supplies, textbooks, lunch, and water bottles, it can be no small feat to keep belongings safe and organized while students are on the go.
A backpack needs to be sturdy and durable, roomy enough to carry everything a student needs but small enough to be easily stashed in a locker or under a desk. There are a number of factors to consider in choosing the right backpack.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT DESIGN
* Look for a backpack with wide, padded shoulder straps that are adjustable for comfort and even weight distribution
* Durable bags, such as those with a hard plastic bottom, will stand up to wear and tear
* Separate compartments help distribute the weight and keep contents organized
* Features like earbud hole access can help prevent loss or theft of electronics
WATCH THE WEIGHT
* Avoid overloading the bag – a heavy backpack can strain muscles and ligaments, leading to back and neck pain
* A child’s backpack should weigh no more than 10-20% of his or her body weight
* Backpacks should be worn on both shoulders to evenly distribute weight
* Load heaviest items first, placing them closest to the lower back and evenly distributed from left to right
* Put papers into a folder or binder, rather than loose in the backpack, and keep pens and other small items in a pencil case or pouch
* Establish a weekly routine to empty the bag, organizing the contents and removing non-essential items
* Keep the backpack clean – remove debris with a brush or vacuum, wipe all over with a sponge moistened with dish detergent, and finish by wiping with a damp sponge
* A new school year is a clean slate and a chance for new opportunities and experiences. Consider a new backpack to celebrate the fresh start of back-to-school.
* Unlike clothing, a backpack will be worn every day. Trends and the opinions of classmates are important to students.
* A backpack should express personal style, which can change dramatically from year to year. Bags like the ones from dudley come in a variety of colours to suit all tastes.
dudley Backpack/Lifestyle Bag. Also available in black, blue, white or yellow
About dudley Backpacks
Available exclusively at Staples Canada, dudley backpacks are designed to be lightweight and easy to carry for school, gym, sports, or travel. Eye-catching in white, black, blue, pink, or yellow, packs feature earbud hole access, a hard molded plastic bottom, and hidden interior pockets. Suggested retail price is $49.99.
About dudley® Canada
Built with unmatched strength and durability, dudley® goes beyond combination locks to offer innovative security options for bikes, snowboards, skateboards, skis, bags, and backpacks. dudley® also offers locker accessories. Located in Oakville, Ontario and established in 1922, dudley® has earned and maintained the trust of schools and customers as the school standard for locker security. With a dedicated bilingual customer service and sales and marketing team, dudley® is committed to providing a wide range of products and solutions to Canadian students. For more information, visit www.dudleylock.com.